From: Jade T., Carl E., Mubdi S., Sanbir R., Kyukyoung K.
To: Maryam Alikhani
As an activity, each group is expected to create an origami figure along with a manual. The purpose of this project is manipulation of geometric shapes as a group based on our creativity. Writing a manual is a basic engineering exercise that tests our arranged logic, innovation and originality.
- Label the bottom center of the paper “front”.
- Flip and label the back bottom center “back”.
- Flip to the “front” side and fold the paper hot-dog style inward.
- After folding the paper hot-dog style, flip to the back and fold hot-dog style as well.
- Open up the paper to the “back” side and fold both top corners to the vertical line, making sure the flaps are symmetrical.
- Next, flip to the “front” side and fold the top edges to the vertical line (Fig. 1).
- Unfold the top back flaps to make a diamond figure on top (Fig. 2).
- With the diamond shape that was formed, fold the top point of the diamond to the bottom point of the diamond.
- Then, fold hot-dog style inward so the “back” side is facing you.
- Next, fold one side from point 1 to point 2 (Fig. 3).
- Flip to the “front” side and repeat the fold from point 1 to point 2. (Step 10)
- Finally, open the wings and grab the plane by the center vertical fold.